SYSTEMS SUPPORT ASSOCIATE - MEMPHIS
Kenco An Equal Opportunity Employer Job Posting - 15 January, 2013
Kenco provides integrated logistics solutions that include distribution and fulfillment, comprehensive transportation management, material handling services, real estate management, and information technology—all engineered for Operational Excellence. Woman-owned and financially strong, Kenco has built lasting customer relationships for more than 60 years. Kenco’s focus is on common sense solutions that drive uncommon value.
- Job Title:
SYSTEMS SUPPORT ASSOCIATE - MEMPHIS
- Job Location:
- About the Position:
Please see information below.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and management of database applications utilized throughout Operations.
- IT Administrator will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the KM Logistics server and web applications.
- Develop web-based applications for KM Logistics management team.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance of Print Smart Printers.
- Provide guidance, support and applicable training to Operations staff members when necessary and/or when deficiencies as are recognized.
- Coordinate the movement of hardware within the warehouse by working with IT and hardware support departments.
- Support and assist the Operations team with IT issues such as troubleshooting, submitting help desk tickets, and equipment needs.
- Assignment of IT resources and auditing equipment on a quarterly basis.
- Experience in warehousing and logistics environments.
- Familiar with programming (HTML, ASP, C++, Java, and SQL)
- Microsoft Access database experience to include database set-up, exporting and web integration.
- Working knowledge of Win 2K Server (IIS, ODBC, SQL Server, VERITAS, Oracle)
- Control of Application Accesses (Red Prairie, Lotus Notes, CED)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Strong team player possessing the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-directed and motivated individual with the ability to follow through on long-term goals.
- Works well under pressure with accuracy and follows-up on any errors to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Individual must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and leadership skills required to drive total customer satisfaction within the facility, identify critical paths within our systems an execute solutions and provide direction to team members.
- Must be capable of working overtime when necessary and assist senior management from an internal/remote standpoint.
- Education/Relevant Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science related field preferred. Candidates with 1 – 2 years of proven experience within the information technology field and a combination of related education and/or training will be considered for interviews.
- Preference will be given to those candidates possessing warehousing and logistics experience.
- Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and powered industrial trucks, extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Personal Protective Equipment
*Composite toe shoes