Kenco Celebrates 68th Anniversary with Historical Growth and Strategic Innovation
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.—August 13, 2018— Kenco Logistics, North America’s leading third-party logistics provider, announced today the addition of two strategic hires, historic company growth and a year’s worth of accomplishments. On the cusp of its 68th anniversary and under the direction of CEO and President Denis Reilly, Kenco is initiating a new era driven by innovation.
“Kenco has grown tremendously in the last year, specifically in the areas of transportation and material handling, providing both old and new clientele with integrated and complex solutions,” said Denis Reilly, CEO, and president of Kenco Logistics. “Our recent hires and latest accomplishments, particularly those from Kenco Innovation Labs, are leading us into a forward-thinking and innovative future, driving new partnerships and continuing our strong record of client retention.”
Kenco’s Supply Chain Solutions team recently added two exceptional leaders – Rajiv Saxena, sr. vice president of Supply Chain Solutions, and Chris Hess, director of Supply Chain Solutions. Each has an extensive background in developing global supply chain strategies, solutions, and designs.
- For the past 14 years, Rajiv Saxena served in the role of global head of supply chain solutions for APL Logistics. Before APL, he was the director of supply chain strategy with Menlo Logistics and worked with Ceva Logistics in a senior level information technology role.
- Chris Hess previously worked for Tesla Motors where he led the design and implementation of the material flow systems from supplier to the assembly line. Prior to that, he led a worldwide design and innovation team at Amazon developing fulfillment and transportation solutions.
“With over 50 years of logistics experience between them, Rajiv and Chris bring expert knowledge in supply chain solution design and automation,” said Reilly. “Their work in conceptualizing, modeling and implementing creative and innovative solutions to complex supply chain problems will position Kenco at the forefront of the 3PL market.”
New and Existing Partnership Growth
In the last year, Kenco has added over $70 million in sales, largely due to new partnerships. Working with newly acquired customers has allowed the company to expand its national presence and operate more complex and increasingly efficient operations. Kenco’s newest customers include Bridgestone, Caterpillar, Corning, Exxon, Focal Point, P&G, Samsung, and Shell. Each of these partnerships has driven the development of original, design-oriented solutions, promoting and ensuring a successful future for these clients.
Kenco is proud to offer a diverse range of logistics services which include transportation and material handling equipment solutions. Their continued growth in these areas has allowed the company to maintain and expand their relationships with existing customers including Carrier, Honeywell, Valeant, and Whirlpool.
Innovation and Accomplishments
Founded in 2015, Kenco Innovation Labs features a dedicated research and development team, a crowdsourced approach to creativity and ideation, and a lean business model that enables rapid prototyping and deployment with real results. Today, Kenco invests heavily in engineering, research, and development of new ideas and technologies. With Kenco as one of the first and few 3PLs to have a fully dedicated innovation group, the success of the Innovation Labs has been marked by several accomplishments, including:
- Identifying more than $25 million in cost savings for Kenco customers.
- Developing the LoadProof app, which works to eliminate chargebacks via image capturing in the warehouse. One customer saw a 95 percent decrease in customer complaints and an estimated $100,000 in cost savings.
- Joining the Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA), a forum created for the development of blockchain standards and education. By joining, Kenco is helping to develop industry-wide standards that will accelerate and regulate the revolutionary technology’s implementation. Kenco also serves on two of the technical standards committee workgroups dedicated to interoperability and data formats for Blockchain.
Validating its position as an industry leader in the supply chain, Kenco has already been recognized by key industry publications this year. Notable acknowledgments include:
- Inbound Logistics Top 10 3PL Provider
- Multichannel Merchant Top 3PL
- Food Logistics Top Green Provider
These, among Kenco’s many other recent accomplishments, act as a testament to the company’s continued dedication to providing top-tier service to its customers and to the industry at large.
Kenco provides integrated logistics solutions that include distribution and fulfillment, comprehensive transportation management, material handling services, real estate management, and information technology—all engineered for Operational Excellence. Woman-owned and financially strong, Kenco has built lasting customer relationships for more than 60 years. Kenco’s focus is on common sense solutions that drive uncommon value. Also, connect with Kenco on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and the Kenco Blog.