Kenco Marks 65th Anniversary With Top Industry Honors
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.—Aug. 11, 2015 August marks the 65th anniversary of Kenco’s founding. Employee celebrations are being held at the company’s many locations across North America.
“In 1950, our company began with just two employees and one 100,000 square-foot facility in Chattanooga,” said Kenco Chairwoman and CEO Jane Kennedy Greene. “Now, we are the largest family-owned and privately held third-party logistics provider (3PL) in the United States. That single warehouse has grown to almost 100 facilities across the United States and Canada.”
Kenco has also been repeatedly recognized by the logistics industry as one of the best 3PLs in North America. So far in 2015, the company has been:
- voted 6th on Inbound Logistics’ list of Top 10 logistics providers in North America, making the list for the third year in a row;
- selected by Food Logistics magazine as a “Top Green Provider,” an honor that focuses on companies who are exceeding industry sustainability standards in the global food supply chain;
- chosen as a “Great Supply Chain Partner” by readers of SupplyChainBrain;
- recognized by Inbound Logistics as one of 75 outstanding “Green Supply Chain Partners”; and
- acknowledged by both JDA Software and the Transportation Marketing and Sales Association for exemplary work.
“I’m very proud that Kenco has been able to grow and still retain unparalleled customer service,” said Greene. “The average length of our customer relationships is 17 years, which proves our ‘common sense, uncommon value’ approach is a success for all involved.”
Kenco’s many charitable contributions have also been honored over the past year. The company and its employees are active participants in a variety of philanthropic activities and industry associations. Earlier this year, Kenco was named mid-sized corporate sponsor of the year for United Way of Greater Chattanooga.
Kenco provides integrated logistics solutions that include distribution and fulfillment, comprehensive transportation management, material handling services, real estate management, and information technology—all engineered for Operational Excellence. Woman-owned and financially strong, Kenco has built lasting customer relationships for more than 60 years. Kenco’s focus is on common sense solutions that drive uncommon value. Learn more at www.kencogroup.com. Also, connect with Kenco on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and the Kenco Blog.