Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
Participants in the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) training learn the basics of the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC) methodology and tools for achieving better, faster, and lower cost products and services.
Kenco’s Lean Six Sigma training uses a knowledge-based approach to pull the use of Lean and Six Sigma tools rather than push them. The intended audience is anyone who desires to become a practitioner of the Lean Six Sigma process methodology and who will be leading Lean Six Sigma projects within the organization.
This training class will also help participants incorporate and solidify the core concepts of Operational Excellence.
- Safety – Removing Waste from the Process, incorporating Visual Management in the Work Place and 5S.
- Quality – Removing variation from all processes, reducing defects and increasing the sigma levels of the process.
- Communication – Incorporating Takt Time and Visual Management which leads to increased process and associate communication.
- Bench Strength – Increased knowledge at the site to achieve incremental change through the power of Lean Six Sigma.
- Financial Management – Lower Cost through the systematic removal of waste and variation from the process. Increased response time to process issues through visual management and Takt Time analysis.
As part of the course, it is expected that participants come with a project to work on so that they can immediately apply their knowledge and realize return on investment on a specific business issue. Click here for an overview of a LSSGB project requirements. Kenco’s Lean Six Sigma training uses the “Present/Practice/Apply/Review” strategy commonly used in the TWI (Training Within Industry). That is, we present tools and methods, give participants the opportunity to practice them in class, and then apply the tools to their project, and finally review the results of the application to the projects.
The LSSGB course is taught in two one-week sessions, with each week separated by a month. The time between weeks is designed to facilitate project work. Below are 2016 dates for Kenco's LSSGB Training held in Chattanooga, TN. The cost for the LSSGB training is $3,000/person. This covers instruction, material, lunch, and mentorship support for LSSGB projects.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (LSSGB) Training Dates
|Spring Session||Week One: March 5-9|
|Week Two: April 9-13|
|Summer Session||Week One: August 20-24|
|Week Two: September 17-21|
To be certified as a LSSGB, participants will need to:
- Attend Kenco’s LSSGB Training Course;
- Receive a passing grade (70% or above) on Kenco’s LSSGB final exam; and
- Complete a LSSGB project with a minimum savings of $25,000.