Kenco Information Technology Solutions Overview
Kenco’s technology solutions bring agility and complete supply chain visibility to our customers. We offer a variety of supply chain execution systems, integration technology and a highly-tailored business intelligence (BI) tool that is completely customizable. With customers spanning many verticals, our breadth of experience and depth of knowledge in supply chain technologies brings a unique ability to deliver continuous improvement year after year. Our tightly integrated partnership across all of our business units enable successful execution of complex supply chains within our customer base.
We have experienced IT project managers on staff to guide you through the implementation of our solutions. Our capabilities span the supply chain encompassing order management, warehouse management, labor management, yard management, and transportation management.
Warehouse Management Systems
JDA Warehouse Management™ is designed to optimize activities within the four walls of the warehouse. As a validated WMS, JDA enables pharmaceutical customers to maintain regulatory compliance and achieve full traceability, as well as gives high-tech companies the power to track and trace products and parts across the lifecycle. JDA is also ideal for customers with high-velocity goods and those that operate in a heavy e-commerce environment. Customers in our Fast-Moving Consumer Goods vertical leverage JDA on a daily basis as a dynamic demand planning and labor optimization tool, ensuring that volumes and labor are always in sync. Customers in the industrial sector benefit from JDA, as well, making the most of its Intelligent Fulfillment solution to support iterative planning and execution, reduce inventory levels, and balance their supply chains using system-enabled just-in-time (JIT) methodologies.
Kenco IT utilizes JDA’s Warehouse Labor Management (WLM) product to make our customers’ businesses more productive. WLM provides improved visibility into specific areas of the operation, drives employee engagement, allows for proactive coaching on the floor, and provides detailed data to support a continuous improvement culture. By developing discrete elemental labor standards and incorporating a warehouse map to account for travel distance and vehicle speed, detailed productivity reporting is able to be viewed in many different formats. This level of detail enables the site leadership team to make informed, data driven decisions for driving productivity in the operation.
Kenco has formed a strategic partnership with HighJump to provide an agile, cost-effective WMS for our customers. Powered by HighJump, Kenco’s WMS solution contains more built-in functionality and typically requires less customization than other software. The total cost of ownership for a typical customer is lower over the course of the ownership compared to a competing enterprise solution. HighJump enables a high level of end-user reconfigurability with easy deployment. The system is designed to handle a vast number of customer requirements out of the box, whether you require tracking by serial number, pallet ID number, or individual case level. No code changes are required – the system’s roles-based design allows you to plug in your profile template and adapt for individual usage scenarios.
In addition to offering a system functionality that meets the changing needs and business requirements of our customers, it is also important to be able to support their growing business volumes. The Kenco IT solution provides the scalability to meet the growth objectives of our customers. Kenco operates a state-of-the art data center, connecting to the users via a dedicated line or secure Internet VPN connection. We operate facilities as small as 10,000 square feet and as large as 1.5 million square feet on this robust system.
Kenco’s proprietary systems can be interfaced with essentially any host ERP or legacy system, including SAP, Oracle, etc. Interfaces can be accomplished through EDI, XML, Flat Files, and custom file formats via AS/2, FTP, Secure FTP or any other means needed. We can work with a customer’s VAN if needed and have integrated directly with many legacy proprietary customer systems. Our integration team has decades of combined experience with seamlessly integrating with our customers, vendors, and internal systems.
Structured Implementation Process
4 D's (Discovery, Design, Development, Deployment)
Kenco has a very structured implementation process that works hand-in-hand with our engineering project management and transition teams. We work with the customer to define the host ERP interfaces, define any unique characteristics required in the WMS for their business, define any labels, ASN, forms, BOL, packing list requirements specific to the customer or to the customer’s customer. Once created, we review it with the operations team in a conference room pilot, test the interfaces, and run a user acceptance testing process to ensure all requirements are left. We also have hyper care for a period of time to ensure everything has been successfully implemented into production.
Business Intelligence Tools
Kenco provides a full spectrum of data integration and business intelligence capabilities that fit easily into any IT infrastructure. The tools we use are low-cost easy to deploy, easy to maintain and easy to use. They include:
- Data Integration – create complex data merges and connections to power rich transformational data libraries with true data warehouse capabilities
- Visual data modeling and graphical workflow management of data
- Reporting – visual report designer and easy wizard for creating ad hoc reporting delivered via a web portal and exportable in many popular formats
- Analysis – web-based tool with advanced sorting, filtering and drill through capabilities for exploring multi-dimensional data
- Dashboards – rich, interactive, self-service customized graphical displays of business metrics and reports
- Data Mining – Discover hidden patterns and indicators of future performance inside of your organizational data
Transportation Management System
Kenco utilizes MercuryGate as our TMS solution for our non-assed based clients. The MercuryGate TMS allows us to support multiple business models and varying processes within a single solution. The system enables Kenco to leverage transportation across all of our customers reducing costs and maximizing profits. Our customers demand that their outsourced service provider deliver flawlessly not only with operational, execution excellence, but also, with real-time, event-oriented information management. MercuryGate TMS is a cost-effective solution to serving multiple clients, regardless of size or volumes. In addition, the open architecture of MercuryGate TMS makes it easy to integrate transportation planning, execution and settlement with external systems. With MercuryGate TMS, Kenco can provide the visibility and online information availability that allow our customers to succeed. The key functionality includes:
- Carrier Contract management for all modes of transportation
- Bid development and management
- Load optimization and carrier selection optimization
- Inbound freight management
- Outbound freight management with in-transit adjustments
- Global documentation and currency management
- Visibility and intelligence for tracking loads
- Operational and historical analytical reporting
- Flexibility of implementation and data exchange
Kenco utilizes TMW Systems as one of our TMS solutions for our asset-based clients. The TMW Suite of transportation management solutions acts as the hub of your operations from order entry and dispatch through logistics management and settlement. TMW Suite makes your company leaner and smarter by:
- Controlling assets effectively
- Improving freight mixes
- Minimizing operating costs
- Improving fleet utilization
- Reducing fuel purchasing costs
- Recovering productive drive time
- Reducing out-of-route miles
- Balancing tolls with fuel costs
- Improving cost recovery
- Improving visibility and integration
- Streamlining order management and auditing
In addition to TMW Suite, Kenco utilizes another TMW product. DirectRoute final-mile optimization software helps companies lower transportation costs, control field operations and improve customer service through more efficient route planning and management. DirectRoute works for your unique routing environments—static, dynamic or a mix of both. The top reasons to use DirectRoute include:
- Excellent return on investment
- Dependable partnership
- Improved customer service
- Faster route planning
- Decreased dependence on local knowledge
- Scalable solutions
Kenco Systems Disaster Recovery Overview
- Level 1 of our plan is the physical data center design of our primary data center in Chattanooga. Our data center is a secure facility in a gated campus with 24/7 monitored two-stage security access. With redundant power, Internet carrier access via fiber, and cooling units, it is Tier 1 Compliant. The data center has FM200 fire suppression system installed and no water lines in the facility to ensure safe operation of the systems in the event of a fire. Each of the mechanical systems – environmental controls, fire suppression, and electrical operation – are monitored 24/7 by our Mechanical Controls vendor.
- Level 2 of our plan is a hosted Tier 1 data center serving as a redundant server farm for Kenco in a managed environment 100 miles off-site. This facility has a higher class of the same services as our primary center and houses our redundant servers with high availability software configured with an auto-synchronization technology to ensure less than four hours outage time for our critical systems. We test our failover strategy twice annually with this facility.
- Level 3 of our plan is a daily and weekly tape backup of the server data. A detailed procedure specifying the frequency, rotation and secure storage of backup tapes is provided to all sites by the Kenco IT department. The WMS development and support staff is responsible for following the documented backup procedures and for conducting periodic audits to insure the integrity of the data.
- Level 4 of our plan is redundancy in the circuit availability at the facility level to gain access to the WMS. Each of our facilities is connected to our primary data center via an Internet T-1 provided by Verizon Business. In the event of a line cut or outage on this primary circuit, Kenco can provide either a wireless or satellite connection back to our data center, which is non-reliant on last mile connectivity by the local telecommunications provider.